Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Report

Well - to be honest there really isn't anything to report. It's been a really quiet weekend.

I went to see a new apartment on Friday. I gave the Land lady my name and number. She said she will call for the deposit when she confirms weather both tenants are leaving. She has one that is in the process of eviction, the other gave her notice dependent on house closing. She said she would contact the one lady and the other she does not go to court for until the 22 of August. It is a nice place. The rooms only slightly smaller then what i have here. It will do. I can officially start packing things. Things that we don't use. At least this time i don't have to pack all in one day! Thank God for that! I never want to do that again.

Yesterday we went to my uncles for dinner. Two of my other uncles and of course i brought mum were there. It was sort of a mini family reunion. I love those! Big family meals. Until my financial matters came up i was going to rent a small hall where i could have use of the kitchen and i was going to cook a HUGE holiday meal. Either somewhere between thanksgiving and Christmas OR between Christmas and new years. However at this time i don't even know how I'm going to put food on my OWN table let alone feed a big family. I miss big family meals. I really do.

Maybe i should start getting active with the SCA again. But in the US as this group just isn't active enough. I used to cook HUGE meals 4 times a year and LOVED it. Grant you the guy i was living with was such a pecker head. My family always got the benefits of me cooking big meals. They got to sample all the foods in mini big meals. But he was always miserable that it was taking time away from HIM and how dare i. He even sabotaged a few dishes on occasion. How lovely. Not only did it take more time away from him as i had to clean it up and REMAKE it. But it also cost us money out of our OWN pocket. I refused to use the groups money to remake a dish when it was simply him being a bone head!

Sir also called yesterday. I have alot of SCA clothing being donated to me. YAY! My closet for that is growing!! However the reason why its coming is quite sad. His best friend's wife was diagnosed with MS this week. All i could say was "Oh. Well, I know all about that. If she wants to hear what its like being raised by a parent with MS she is more then welcome to call." My mum has MS. My mum has had it since she was 19. I feel badly for her. It must be very scary. But i really did offer for her to call as she has two very young children, 2 and 3 years old. They will never know their mother as "normal". But to be very honest... my mom to me IS normal. And i honestly don't remember anyone ever teasing me over my mum being in a wheelchair. Today's society is better equipped for handicapped persons. Which will be nice for them.

Well im going to go get my coffee and find the paper. See if anything has happened in the world since last night. I just got my morning call (at 1130am) from my sir. He's up and getting ready to go to Meijers for groceries. God how i cannot wait to go and do that with him every week!!

Take good care everyone. Have a happy sunday!

~me
ps. Tommorrow i hear of leagl aid - if i get it or not. GOD i hope i get it....

No comments: